Corporate Partnership: Leading Health Care Company
In 2006, a large, publicly traded health care company asked for an evaluation of the level of awareness and general perceptions about the significant changes it had experienced. The company also wanted to identify internal and external communication opportunities that could strengthen its reputation.
The corporate partnership with Public Strategies provided the company an opportunity to immediately implement a new approach to corporate and hospital communications that refocused and adjusted resources efficiently and economically. Communications initiatives are now aligned with corporate priorities, reaching target audiences in a disciplined fashion with messages that resonate.
In addition, Public Strategies on-site staff guides the company’s media relations and internal communications efforts, as well as provides 24/7 rapid response, crisis support, and overall strategic positioning. Since our team has been in place, the company has benefited from:
- Positive financial media and improved relationships with national journalists and positive media stories from hospitals
- New, more effective collateral materials, such as community benefit brochures and media briefing packets
- Improved internal communications, including targeted newsletters on topics including weekly success stories, important public policy issues, corporate innovations, and progress reports in key departments
- Best practice sharing and skill building for more than 50 hospital communicators
- Increased accountability and tracking of key communications metrics